Echo Doesn’t Connect To Wifi?
Before you try to connect your Echo device to a Wifi network:
You should know that Echo devices do not support Adhoc or peer-to-peer networks. Echo devices can only connect to the dual-band WiFi (2.4GHz/ 5GHz) networks that use the 802.11a /b/ g/n standard.
You should know your Wifi password and make sure to enter it correctly. Your Wifi password is case sensitive and might not the same as your Amazon account password.
To stream through Alexa, Your Wifi network connection should have at least 512 Kbps i.e. 0.5 Mbps of speed.
Your Echo device with the Alexa app is not connected through a wired network.
If you use the Wifi network as mentioned above, then your Echo device can connect to your Wifi network. Some steps to know How To Connect Amazon Alexa Echo To Wifi :
- For echo devices with a screen (for e.g Echo show): If the light ring on your Echo device is orange, This means a Wifi network connection is not working /established as expected. You can go to settings and Select Wifi to check with which network you are connected or you can search for a new Wifi network and connect the echo device with Wifi. To connect the Echo device with Wifi network you will require a password, This is not the same password as of an Amazon account. This password is for your Wifi network connection.
- You should do an update to the firmware for your router/ modem hardware.
- To solve connection issues, switch your router security type to WPA or WPA2.
- The router has an option to set the type of encryption.
- you can set it to AES.
- For sake, you may directly visit alexa.amazon.com.
- Here you can get a complete solution for your Echo Device problem.
Reset your Amazon Echo device (having volume buttons):
- Press and hold the microphone off button.
- Now, you are supposed to volume down the button.
- Do this around 20 seconds until the light ring turns orange.
- You will see the light ring turns blue.
- Wait for the light ring to turn off and on again, the light ring turns orange this means your echo device enters in the setup mode.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone and register it to your Amazon account to connect Echo to Wifi network.
Reset your Amazon Echo device (not having volume buttons):
- The reset button is located at the base on your Echo devices.
- Press and hold the reset button for five seconds.
- Meanwhile, you will observe the light ring on your Echo device.
- It will turn to orange and finally blue.
- Wait for the light ring to turn off and on again, the light ring turns blue again and then orange indicating that your
- Echo device entered in the setup mode.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone and register it to your Amazon account to connect your Echo device to a Wifi network.
Reduce Wifi congestion on your network:
- Having multiple devices on your Wifi network makes your Wifi connection’s performance inconsistent.
- Turn off other devices you are not using to free up the bandwidth.
- Make sure to place your Echo device near the modem/router.